How to book Vietnam train tickets online?
We offer the easy way to book Vietnam train tickets online. You can search the time table at our website and book the ticket for the train you want. We accept payment by credit card and PayPal online. The tickets you booked will be delivered to your hotel before you come or have them ready for collection at our office in Hanoi (in case you depart from Hanoi and you do not have a hotel address).
1. How to book a train ticket with VietnamTrainTravel.Com?
Booking a train ticket with Vietnamtrains.com by following these steps:
- Step 1: Choose the route (departure & destination city) on the home page that you wish to purchase and select the date of travel.
- Step 2: Select the number of passenger (clarify the age of them) and click "Search Train".
- Step 3: Select the Ticket Type (Soft Berth, Hard Berth or Soft Seat) and suitable trains for your routes then click "Add to cart and continue".
- Step 4: Fill in the required information and select a payment method for your booking then click "Next".
- Step 5: If you have a promotional code, you can use it in this step to get a discount. Confirm you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions. Here, there are 2 options: Click "Pay Now" (if your departure date is 7 days ahead) and click "Send Request" (if your departure date is less than 7 days ahead). Then you will get an e-mail with the booking information. Be contacted by our staff to confirm your reservation and regard to the ticket delivery points and any other special requests you may have.
2. Why are there so many types of train tickets to Sapa?
There are a large number of train agencies operating their own carriage on the SP Trains to Sapa such as Livitrans, Orient Express, Fanxipan Express, King Express to name a few. Each of these cabins option has their own pros and thus charge a different price.
It is quite easy to understand why the prices in these special cabins are different from those standard ones of Vietnam Railways. The cabin is often of higher quality with wooden panel and upgrade these carriages in terms of inside furniture and services frequently. The different prices of train from Hanoi to Sapa give you options to choose too!
3. I want to buy train tickets, but currently I am not in Hanoi. So, how could I book train tickets, make the payment and be sure that I will have tickets with the right departure schedule?
You can reserve your train ticket in advance, even prior to your entry into Vietnam. All you need is to make a booking request on our website. After just a few minutes of checking, we definitely provide you with comprehensive information about the train number, the bed number and the number of berths by sending you the Booking Confirmation.
Once we receive your online payment, we will send you the Booking Confirmation and request for an address where the tickets be delivered. It can be your hotel in Vietnam or at the convenient place at the meantime.
4. How far ahead of time can I reserve my train ticket? Or How many days in advance should I book my ticket?
The specific length of time needed in advance for a reservation could not be provided beforehand. Upon receipt of information about your exact date of departure and the number of passengers, we will check whether or not train tickets are available and then provide you necessary information. Normally, most trains will be available if you book at least 1 week in advance and 3 months ahead. However, for public holidays such as Lunar New Year (end of January, early February), May Day (April 28th-May 2nd), tickets will be gone long before the due date. If you plan to travel on these dates, reserve your ticket well in advance!
5. How many days in advance can I book my ticket?
We accept online booking at least 7 days in advance. You are advised to book the tickets as early as you can.
6. How can I pay for my tickets?
We accept major credit/debit cards such as Visa Card, Master Card, JCB and PayPal online.
7. How can I receive my tickets?
You can choose to have the tickets delivered to your hotel or collect the tickets at our office in Hanoi. In case you would like us to deliver the tickets to train stations or airports, an extra fee will be required.
8. Does it mean I will definitely get the tickets I have booked once I have paid for my tickets?
Not really. Once we have received your payment, we will proceed to purchase the tickets as soon as the train opens for sale (about 30 days in advance). In case the tickets are not available, we will inform you by email and you can choose to change to other trains or cancel and get refund. According to our experiences, 95% of paid booking have been able to get the tickets successfuly.
9. What does the price include?
The price quoted on our website includes ticket, ticket delivery, service charge and all taxes if applicable.
10. Do you ship the tickets outside of Vietnam?
Sorry! we do not ship tickets outside of Vietnam.
11. Can I reserve a ticket and pay upon arrival in Vietnam?
No, sorry! Tickets are not reserved before payment.
12. How can I collect tickets at your office in Hanoi?
Our office is located in the old quarter of Hanoi, at No 6 Ma May str., Hoan Kiem dist (about 2km far away from Hanoi train station). As long as you come in our working hours (Mondays – Fridays: 09h00 – 18h00; Weekends: 09h00 – 17h30), you will be able to pick up the tickets.
13. I am not staying at hotel. Can you deliver the tickets to my residence address?
Yes, if the address is within the delivery company's coverage. please ask our sales staff for details.
14. How can I cancel my tickets?
Please check the Terms and Conditions and contact us as soon as possible.
15. I lost my tickets and what shall I do?
In this case, we are sorr to tell you that we can not reissue the tickets! You will need to buy new ones.
16. How early can I know if my tickets are purchased or not?
You can know 30 days in advance the earliest. If your tickets are not purchased, we will notify you by email.
17. Is it possible to have all tickets in the same cabin?
If you book early, usually it is possible. Just in case there are few tickets left and they are not in the same cabin, we will let you know to find out a good solution.